Promoting Comfort and Dignity
Our Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Team
Led by Doctors specialized in Palliative Medicine, our Palliative Care interdisciplinary team includes nurses, pharmacists, social workers, dietitians, and volunteers. Our cohesive team, focused in your well-being, combines their expertise and resources to assist and support you through difficult medical decisions, helping you weigh the pros and cons of various treatments.
The Palliative Care Program provides ALL the resources necessary for patients and their families to cope with the overwhelming circumstances brought upon by illness; from the side effects of medical treatments to caregiver stress, and overall anxiety about the future:
- Preventing and alleviating suffering
- Improving your quality of life
- Helping you and your loved ones cope with the stress and distress of illness
Our Palliative Care Program
Our Palliative Care Program is designed for individuals with advanced and terminal illnesses that include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced Forms of Cancer
- Hematological Malignancies
- Advanced Heart disease, including Coronary Disease and stage 3-4 Congestive Heart Failure
- Advanced Lung Disease, including Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Acute Brain Injury
And any serious illness requiring ongoing symptom management, as well as progressive incurable conditions requiring more than one hospitalization during the past six months.
Providing Comfort at Any Stage of Disease
Consistent with the Palliative Care Information Act (PCIA), the comprehensive specialist level Palliative Care Program focuses on empowering decision making and providing excellent system management to promote the best possible quality of life for the seriously ill, the terminally ill and their families.
Our program provides:
- Treatment and management of pain and other distressing symptoms associated with the diagnosis
- Counseling on disease and treatment options, from the most aggressive to comfort only, providing treatment of pain and other unpleasant symptoms
- Support to patients, residents and their loved ones through all stages of treatment
- Education on expected associated symptoms and their management
Our Palliative Care: Medication, Day-to-Day Care, Equipment, Counseling, and Symptom Treatment administered through a single program.
Tapping Into Every Resource
The Emerald Peek supports our patients, residents and their families by preventing and treating pain and other distressing symptoms associated with the diagnosis, modifying care routines to personal preferences and individual tolerance levels. our teams ensure physical, psychological, and spiritual comfort and dignity at all stages of treatment.